The microblogging site Twitter has removed a video shared by US President Donald Trump’s promotional team in tribute to George Floyd, a black American man killed by police last week, over copyright.
A video of less than 4 minutes shared on Donald Trump’s official Twitter account Team Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022) paid tribute to the black American George Floyd who was killed by police.
According to the news agency Reuters, the official of the micro-blogging website confirmed the removal of the video shared by Donald Trump’s advertising team and said that the said video was removed after a copyright complaint.
Twitter officials did not say where they received the copyright complaint from the video, but the video was immediately removed from Twitter.
After the video was shared on the official account of the advertising team, it was retweeted by Donald Trump and his son, Jr. Donald Trump, while it was also retweeted by dozens of other people.
The video shows protests over the death of George Floyd, who was killed by police, as well as a public tribute to him.
Behind the scenes in the video, Donald Trump’s voice can be heard expressing his sorrow over the death of a black American man, including calling it a tragic event.
Interestingly, while the video has been removed from Twitter, it is now available on Donald Trump’s official YouTube channel and has been viewed more than 100,000 times by the afternoon of June 5.
YouTube has not yet commented on the video’s copyrights.
It may be recalled that on May 25, a video of the death of a black man came to light in which a policeman was holding his knee so tightly around his neck that he died due to shortness of breath.
Read more: USA: Case against a police officer accused of killing a Siamese man
Police in riot gear stormed a rally on Friday, removing hundreds of protesters by truck, setting fire to several buildings, including police stations, smashing windows and looting stores.
Police in riot gear stormed a rally on Friday, removing hundreds of protesters by truck. Police in riot gear stormed a rally on Friday, removing hundreds of protesters by truck.
The protests later spread to US states, and in the wake of the unrest, authorities not only mobilized the National Guard but also imposed curfews in several cities.
After the violent protests, Donald Trump described the protesting citizens as local terrorists and accused them of looting.
Four police officers, Derek Chawin, 34, Tu Thao, 34, Jay Alexander, 26, and Thomas Lane, 37, were fired after the incident and charged with murder and attempted murder. The operation was launched.
The four police officers were tried in a Mani Sota court and the court indicted the four on June 4.