The United States has announced that Chinese passenger planes will not be allowed to enter the United States from June 16.
According to the foreign news agency ‘Reuters’, the move by the Trump administration has come in the context of putting pressure on China.
The Trump administration is urging China to allow US passenger planes to land in Beijing.
The US Department of Transportation has announced that China has been punished for failing to comply with an existing agreement on flights between the world’s two largest economies.
The announcement will apply to Air China, China Eastern Airlines Corporation, China Southern Airlines and Hainan Airlines Holdings.
On the other hand, American Delta Airlines and United Airlines had requested to resume flights to China this month, as Chinese planes continued their flights to the United States even during the Corona virus epidemic.
“We support and appreciate the steps taken by the US government to ensure that our rights and justice are upheld,” Delta Airlines said after the announcement.
United Airlines did not immediately return calls seeking comment.
The US Department of Transportation said in a formal notice that China was unable to review its rules on when it would allow US aircraft to resume scheduled flights.
The Chinese embassy in Washington did not immediately respond.
It should be noted that there is intense tension between China and the United States over the Corona virus and the controversial law in Hong Kong.
Criticism of the United States and Britain has angered China, and critics say the rule of law would end the limited independence of semi-autonomous Hong Kong.
The United States, Britain, Canada and Australia have strongly criticized the National Security Bill, which would allow Chinese security agencies to conduct public operations in Hong Kong.
Beijing has warned Western nations not to interfere in China’s internal affairs.
In addition, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo suggested that the virus was originally developed in a Chinese laboratory, although the World Health Organization and senior US government pathologists said there was no evidence.
The Wuhan Institute of Urology in the Chinese city of Wuhan explained for the first time that there was no truth in the fact that the corona virus had been developed in their laboratory.
In addition, US President Donald Trump accused the WHO of failing to deal with the corona virus and announced a cut in funding, which health experts strongly criticized