Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, responding to the threat of air strikes by India, said that India should not be foolish because Pakistan knows how to defend itself.
According to a statement issued by the Foreign Ministry, Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that he wanted to make it clear to Indian Home Minister Amit Shah that if India made a mistake in the attack, it would be met with a stern response.
He said that today’s statement of Amit Shah was irresponsible and the world should take notice of the statement of Indian Home Minister.
Read also: Murder of 9 youths in Occupied Kashmir, Pakistan’s condemnation of Indian ‘state terrorism’
The Foreign Minister said that India should stop these riots. Pakistan has always spoken of peace but India is playing with the lives of innocent people.
Addressing the Indian Home Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that he wanted to ask Amit Shah what he thought about Ladakh, why India does not carry out a surgical strike on Ladakh.
He asked why the Indian media was silent on the issue of Ladakh, while trying to blame Pakistan for its failures.
In his scathing response, the Foreign Minister said that minorities in India were dissatisfied with the government while the economic situation had deteriorated.
The Foreign Minister said that India had escalated its atrocities in Kashmir and on the other hand wanted to sabotage the peace process in Afghanistan.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that India was threatening Pakistan to divert attention from its internal situation.
It may be recalled that in his address in the Indian state of Orissa, Indian Home Minister Amit Shah, while praising the steps taken by the Modi government for national security, had said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had gone inside Pakistan in the first round and carried out a surgical strike.
According to a report in the Times of India, Amit Shah had said that “crossing the border into India is not a child’s play and it is also a punishment, which is known to the world”.
He said that if such a situation arose, Modi would not delay a minute for surgical and air operations, he had done so to punish terrorists inside Pakistan.
It may be recalled that on February 27, 2019, the Pakistan Air Force shot down two Indian fighter jets violating Pakistani airspace.
The ISPR statement said that the Pakistan Air Force thwarted the incursion of the Indian Air Force on the Line of Control (LoC) and shot down two Indian fighter jets.
The statement further said that one Indian fighter jet crashed in occupied Kashmir while the other plane crashed in Azad Kashmir area of Pakistan.
Nandan, the pilot wing commander of the Indian MiG-21, was also arrested after it was shot down in Azad Kashmir.
The very next day, Prime Minister Imran Khan announced during a joint sitting of Parliament that we would release the arrested Indian pilot Nandan for peace.
On March 1, Nandan was handed over to Indian authorities at the Wagah border under tight security.
Earlier in January 2017, the Indian Army chief had said that “India has the right to take action on the other side of the LoC against terrorist hideouts, while further surgical strikes will be carried out if necessary.”