LAHORE: Actress Uzma Khan has withdrawn the case filed against three women and their armed guards for breaking into her house and torturing her.
It is to be noted that the actress had filed a case against some women who claimed that they were the daughters of business tycoon Malik Riaz and they broke into her house with armed guards and provoked her.
A former member of Uzma Khan’s legal team claimed that the dispute between the two sides had been resolved after which all cases were being withdrawn.
However, no documents related to the agreement have been released. Some videos of the incident went viral on social media in which the actress and her sister Huma Khan were seen being tortured.
The actress then lodged a complaint with the police, in the light of which a case was registered on March 27 against Malik Riaz’s daughters Pashmina Malik, Amber Malik and Usman Malik’s wife Amna Usman Malik and other unidentified armed men who accompanied the women. Had come
Later, Uzma Khan termed the news of any deal as mere speculation.
“These are rumors and no deal is being struck,” he said.
Uzma Khan had further said that the suspects had made no contact with her and she would not accept any deal.
However, the actress has now filed a petition with the Defense C Police stating that “I had filed a case last week on the basis of misunderstanding which I am withdrawing”.
He said that no challan has been submitted in this regard so far.
“I do not want to give any testimony or statement in the matter,” Khan added.
She also recorded a statement before Judicial Magistrate Noman Nasir of Lahore Cantt Court under Section 164 of the Criminal Code of Conduct (CRPC) that she wanted to withdraw the case.
Uzma Khan’s sister Huma said in a separate statement under Section 164 of the CRPC that “no such incident took place in her house”.
Huma admitted that “the other side (women and armed guards) did not use any violence against them.”
In addition, he said that the injury seen in the videos that went viral on social media was caused by the (table) glass.
He further said that the accused named in the FIR were “innocent”.
The actress’s sister added, “My sister, Azmi Khan, lodged an immediate FIR due to a misunderstanding, so it should be canceled.”
It may be recalled that on May 30, the Lahore Cantt Court had issued arrest warrants for actress Azmi Khan for breaking into her house and torturing women.
Judicial Magistrate Ghulam Shabir Sial of Kent Court had issued warrants against the three women for torturing Azmi Khan.
Legal team announces withdrawal from case
Regarding the development, members of Azmi Khan’s two-member legal team, Hassan Niazi and Khadija Siddiqui, announced that they were distancing themselves from the issue.
Khadija Siddiqui said, “We are separating from the Azmi Khan case.”
“I understand the reasons for any settlement by two angry women in a strict system, but my conscience does not allow me to be a part of it professionally,” she added.
“From day one, I made it clear to my client that we would not take part in any settlement. I only accepted the fact that Azmi Khan was committed to justice,” Niazi said. Was supported.
Hassan Niazi later told Dawn News that he tried to reach Uzma Khan on Sunday night in connection with the case but he did not answer the phone or text messages.
He further said that the next day a message was received from an unknown number that Azmi and his sister had reached an agreement with the accused.
“I was shocked and later I decided to distance myself from the matter,” Niazi said.